B.Sc. in Animation & Gaming: About, Eligibility, Couse Suitablity, Benifits, Career Prospects
Updated: Sep 24
Bachelor of Science in Animation & Gaming is an undergraduate Animation and Multimedia course. The course focus on creative, innovative filmmaking and professional practice, structurally designed to raise one's creativity up to the industrial park. After completing this course, you will be able to create games and animations on the PC as well as on Mobile Telephony phones and related devices. The course concentrates on 2D games which can be played on PC, Online & PSP platform. The student will learn the concepts & mechanics of game development. The syllabus for the course is divided into six semesters and it is a career offering in nature.
• Aspiring students should have completed 10+2 in any stream with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
• Some of the reputed colleges and universities conduct an entrance examination for admission.
• They should have skills like drawing, storytelling, a good sense of timing and composition, an understanding of motion, size, ratios and perspective.
• Applicants should have teamwork, an ability to take direction, an ability to work quickly, to deadlines, while retaining a high standard.
• They also possess interpersonal communication skills especially with clients who may interface with even the most junior roles and management.
• They should be good at Mathematics, Physics and computer operating systems.
How is B.Sc. Animation & Gaming Course Beneficial?
• The course is beneficial to make students more marketable to employers, as they will possess working knowledge in current technologies and allows students as pioneers in the field to start their own hugely scalable businesses in the areas of gaming, utilities, security, enterprise applications and many more.
• It is also beneficial for further studies such as M.Phil., Ph.D.
• This comprehensive course accelerates and streamlines your existing passion for computer games by training you in required technical skills along with strengthening the academic base essential in their development.
• Animation & Gaming degree program may find careers as part of teams making animated movies and commercials, effects teams in non-animated movies, teams developing games on various platforms and even producing their own films. Possible job titles initially are Programmer, Animator, Multimedia Artist, Effects Supervisor or Team leader.
B.Sc. Animation & Gaming Employment Areas:
• Art Galleries
• Colleges & Universities
• Film Industry
• Game Industry
• News & Media
• Sport Outlets
B.Sc. Animation & Gaming Job types:
• Animation Designer
• Associate Game Producer
• Game Artist
• Game Designer & Web Designer
• Gaming Animator
• Gaming Software Developer
• Storyboard Artist
• Game Designer
• Character Animator
• Art Designer
• Freelance Game Developer
• Script Writer
• Game Tester
• Game Modeller
• Level Designer
• Game Quality Assurance Tester
• Interactive Media Designer
• Gameplay Programmer
• Art Designer
• Level Scripter
Some reputed recruiters are:
• Electronic Arts (EA)
• Digital Chocolate
In India, the average salary of a video game designer is around Rs.4.5 lacs per annum depending on the working organization and skills.
A video game designer in the USA, can get an average salary of $58 k per annum. With good skills in game development, you can easily get a high paying job.
Tags: B.Sc. Animation & Gaming ; B.Sc. in Animation & Gaming ; Gaming courses ; VFX courses ; Animation courses ; VFX and Animation courses ; VFX & Animation courses ; learn 3D graphics ; learn VFX ; How to learn VFX ; All about VFX