B.Sc. in Animation and Visual Effects: Introduction, Courses, Eligibility, Admission, Career Prospec
Updated: Sep 24
The B.Sc. in Animation and Visual Effects degree is one of the courses that can allow students to become professionals in the domain of animation, gaming and graphics-related arts. It is primarily a three-year course divided into six equal semesters. This course teaches students about 2-D and 3-D animation, focusing on classical and digital methods along with visual effects. Students use professional visual effects software and are taught how to use them in both animation and live action footage. The course has many subjects that overlap and play a role in many domains other than just those of animation and gaming. Thus, an emerging student could have the scope of entering several domains in a professional capacity.
B.Sc. in Animation and Visual Effects has been designed to create skilled professionals in the domain of animation, gaming, and graphic-related arts. The course is divided across 6 semesters
Students enrolled to the course are taught concepts such as:
• 2-D and 3-D animation, concentrating on existing and new techniques, aside from visual effects.
• Visual effects programming, as used in both animation and live action footage.
Who should opt?
Ideal candidates for the course would possess the following:
• Artistic ability.
• Creative imagination to create artwork that conforms to given style and content specifications.
• Interest in, and aptitude for, the field of VFX and CGI.
• Successful completion of the 10+2 level of education in the Science stream, completed from a recognized university.
• A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST candidates) at the 10+2 level.
Most institutes offering the course admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test, often followed by a round of personal interview, wherein their general aptitude for the course is tested. Admission process generally varies across colleges.
A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level.
some of the top entrance exams conducted in the country for admission to the course.
• AIEEE: All India Engineering Entrance Examination.
• AICET: All India Common Entrance Test.
• IIT JEE: IIT Joint Entrance Examination
• JNU: Engineering Entrance Exam
• COMEDK: Uttar Pradesh state entrance exam
• AMIE Entrance Exam
• AMIETE Entrance Exam
• DCE CEE Entrance Exam.
• BISAT Entrance Examination
• BIHER Entrance Exam
• NIT Entrance Exam
• VITEEE Engineering Entrance Exam
Thank you for visiting our website. Stay tuned for more updates
Tags: B.Sc. in Animation and Visual Effects ; BSc in Animation and Visual Effects ; B.Sc. in Animation and Visual Effects ; B Sc in Animation and Visual Effects ;