COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING
What will you become
One of the most sought after courses amongst engineering students, Computer Science Engineering (CSE) is an academic programme which integrates the field of Computer Engineering and Computer Science. The programme, which emphasises the basics of computer programming and networking, comprises a plethora of topics. The said topics are related to computation, algorithms, programming languages, program design, computer software, computer hardware, etc.
Computer science engineers are involved in many aspects of computing, from the design of individual microprocessors, personal computers, and supercomputers to circuit designing and writing software that powers them.
Computer Science Engineering: Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility requirement to pursue a Computer Science Engineering programme at the UG and PG level is:
• Undergraduate (UG): Aspirants’ should have passed the Class 10+2 exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects. Besides this candidates’ should also have secured minimum aggregate marks of 60% in the above subjects combined.
• Postgraduate (PG): Aspirants must have completed a BTech degree in the same specialization with a passing percentage in aggregate of the subjects studied at the degree level.
The fee structure may range from INR 1 lakh to 50 lakhs
Job Categories and salary
System Database Administrator- ₹6,36,778/Year
Engineering Support Specialist-₹5,01,241/Year
Data Warehouse Analyst-₹19,029/Month
1. Demand is growing, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a job.
2. You can easily make your computer's performance better without needing to go to a tech store, and if it breaks down, you will save a lot of money by repairing it yourself.
3. You will be able to help your friends fix up their broken computers, and this can serve as an extra source of income.
1. Many years of studying
2. It may get fairly repetitive
3. Somewhat mentally challenging
4. You constantly have to learn new procedures in order to keep up with the constant updates in the new computers (more compact circuitry, better memory banks, etc.)
Duration of the course
The duration of CSE is 4 years