Data Entry Operator
Data entry operator is a digitalize vocational trade, which is assign with the task of digitalizing a large amount of data generating virtually in every organization on daily basis. With every office and organization seeking to become a paperless, the demand for data entry operator has been increasing in a gigantic number. The present generation whether it is public or corporate sector has revamp themselves into a computerized world. Therefore the hour of the need is a certain group of individual who can manage the task of recording, analyzing, to and updating the data that are outsourced from the organization.
From a high profile software development company to a grocery shop every organization is in need of data entry operators. It is this sector who carries the responsibility of the efficiency and accuracy of an organization.
The tenure of the course covers a period of 1year, which consists of 2 semester of 6 month each.
● Candidates should pass there 10th board exam with an average marks of 55%.
● Candidates must score more than 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology in their 10+2.
● Candidates are required to clear an entrance test held by various universities for selecting students for admission.
● Basic Training.
● Computer Fundamentals.
● Operating System (DOS).
● Operating System (Windows).
● MS Word.
● MS Excel.
● MS Power Point.
● MS Access.
● Page Maker.
● Financial Accounting Software.
● Local Language Software.
Cost of Course: Average fee of Rs. 5000 to 25000 per annum.
● Candidates must be excellence in grammar, accurate in writing or entering of data without error, strong vocabulary in reading comprehension and perfection in punctuation.
● Should be well knowledge about basic office equipments like computer, scanners and calculator.
● Should be punctual towards work delivery, as well as keeping mind the accuracy of the data.
● They should also possess traits like concentration skills, organization skills, strong communication skills.
● Diploma Course in Data Care Management.
● Diploma in Database Administration.
● A data entry operator can get a job from a little grocery shop to a print out the bills or to a big corporate office, to handle the daily official work like sending communiqué and drafting letters etc.
● Data Entry Associate.
● Administrative Assistant.
● Data Entry Assistant.
● Mail Room Assistant.
Institution for the course:
Data Entry Operator Salaries in Hyderabad Area
Average Base Pay
₹ 15,137 / month
Advantages of manual data entry service
Data accuracy in a computer data entry activity is of ultimate importance. Manual data entry is capable of being more accurate than automated data entry because of the level of care in handling a specific task. The human data entry operator can recognize and fix errors when spotted which may lead to fewer errors than in an automated system. However, the extent of manual data entry is more accurate when the method of operation in place lay more emphasis on data accuracy.
2. Inputting human sensible data
In cases where the machine is unable to distinguish from right or wrong in data quality, manual data entry provides the advantage of ensuring the quality of data entered into a system has high level of integrity. For example, when a product detail is being captured manually, it is possible to have high-quality products selected than is possible with automatic data entry.
3. Job creation
In an environment with employment challenges, adopting manual data entry system helps to create jobs and give people a means of livelihood. When job creation is the goal of a project, manual data entry provides more benefits to the people and government in jobs creation. With more jobs created through manual data entry services, the better the society.
Disadvantages of manual data entry service
1. Avoidable errors
The manual process is undertaken by humans who are not infallible in the performance of repetitive tasks. When a man faces a tedious job, he is bound to commit errors due to the dynamism of human nature, unlike a machine that follows a set of instruction and never gets tired unless when it breaks down.
2. Low speed of data entry
There is no way a man can compete with the machine in term of processing speed. In data security situation involving going through millions of items to check for data integrity and data validation to ensure high accuracy of data element going into a system, the low-speed nature of manual data input will cause system failure. Imagine a surveillance system where human is allowed to check every person entering a premise manually, the low speed in reviewing everyone incoming and outgoing people will create high traffic that may shut down the system.
In an environment where consistency of data is crucial to the success of the system, manual data entry service is always a disadvantage as maintaining consistency for humans is a challenging task that must be avoided.
4. High cost of training
One of the advantages of the automated system is the low cost of doing business, but using manual data entry system mean more personnel will be engaged to increase service delivery and each member of the workforce must be trained to meet the basic standard required to perform assigned tasks.
5. System vulnerability
Using the manual method of data entry can compromise the system where security is an issue. Classified information may leak, and sensitive data may develop legs and walk away and thus compromise the entire system.
Duration of the course
The duration of this course is 1 year