ISRO SCIENTIST COURSE
The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is the space agency of the Government of India headquartered in the city of Bengaluru. It is one of the most prestigious organizations for the engineers to work in. ISRO has a vision to “harness space technology for national development while pursuing space science research and planetary exploration”.
It is the basic qualification that ISRO expects the candidates appearing for the ISRO entrance exam must have. Accordingly, the eligibility criteria are of various types: Age, Educational Qualification, other
The ISRO requirement with respect to age is that the maximum age limit for all the candidates is 35 years i.e. candidates less than 35 years of age can apply for the post of scientist in ISRO.
The maximum age limit for all the SC/ST candidates is 40 years
The maximum age limit for all the OBC candidates is 38 years
For the SC/ST and OBC the age relaxation is only valid against posts reserved for these categories
Special relaxation is given to Ex-Servicemen and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) as per Govt. of India orders.
ISRO requires, for the post of scientist, graduates in the field of Civil, Electrical, Architecture, Mechanical, Electronics, computer science and Refrigeration and Air Conditioning streams. Accordingly, the required Educational Qualification for the candidates is:
All the candidates who are willing to apply must have qualified B.E/B.Tech or equivalent qualifying degree in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA of 6.84 on a scale of 10.
The Candidates who are in their final year of qualifying degree are eligible to apply if their final graduation degree will be available before the final results and they secure an aggregate of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84 (average of all semesters for which results are available).
For all the candidates who have done their diploma followed by B.E/B.Tech (Lateral Entry) are also eligible provided they have passed their degree in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84 on a scale of 10.
Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers (AMIE) candidates can also apply to ISRO but special conditions are specified for these candidates so AMIE candidates wishing to apply must check if they are eligible before applying.
All the candidates who have passed M.E/M.Tech with B.Tech are eligible to apply provided their B.Tech marks meet the eligibility specified above.
All the candidates who have studied integrated course of B.E/B.Tech and M.E/M.Tech are also eligible for the ISRO examination. These candidates must produce their Graduation certificate for B.E/B.Tech separately in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84 on a scale of 10.
Candidates with part-time B.E/B.Tech degree are also eligible.
Candidates who have done their B. E or B.Tech through correspondence course not eligible.
The qualification mentioned and the benchmark set is only the MINIMUM requirement and fulfilling the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for Written Test.
Candidates who apply for the post of architect will have to produce the Registration Certificate for having registered with the Council of Architecture, at the time of Interview, failing which he/she will not be allowed for interview
These are the disciplines which are broadly allowed for ISRO recruitment:
1. Electronics: Applied Electronics, Electrical electronics, communication, electronics, Electronics & Communication, Electronics & power, Electronics & Telecommunication, Industrial Electronics, Power Electronics, Telecommunication, Instrumentation Technology, Instrumentation & Control, Electronics & Instrumentation, Avionics
2. Mechanical: Industrial engineering, Industrial management, Industrial production, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Sciences/Engineering, Metallurgy, Production Engineering, Production Management, Aeronautical Engineering, Telecommunication, Mechanics
3. Computer science: Information Science, Information Technology
4. Electrical: Electrical and Electronics
After 12th or during 12th you can appear for the exams which I'll be listing out for you people. Here we've mentioned top 3 entrance exams for ISRO after 12th :
• JEE Advanced
• Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
• State and Central Board (SCB) Based Aptitude Test Taken By IISER
Types of Courses:
• B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
• B.Tech in Avionics Engineering
• B.Tech+M.S./M.Tech (B.Tech. in Engineering
• Physics + M.S. in Solid State Physics, Astronomy, Earth System Science/ M.Tech. in Optical Engineering)
• M.Tech in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical and Computer Science
• PhD in relevant disciplines
• Building Materials.
• Transportation Engineering.
• Soil Mechanics.
• Irrigation Engineering.
• Estimating, Costing, and Valuation.
• Environmental Engineering.
• Structural Engineering
• Theory of Structures.
• RCC Design
• Steel Design.
• Concrete Technology.
ISRO Syllabus for Electrical Engineering 2020
• Basic concepts.
• Circuit law.
• AC Fundamentals.
• Basic Electronics.
• Measurement and Measuring Instruments.
• Electrical Machines.
• Fractional Kilowatt Motors.
• Single-phase induction Motors.
• Synchronous Machines.
• Magnetic Circuit.
• Transmission and Distribution.
• Estimation and Costing.
• Utilization and Electrical Energy.
ISRO Syllabus for Electronics and Communication Engineering
• Basics of Circuits and Measurement Systems.
• Digital Electronics.
• Analytical, Optical Instrumentation.
• Analog Electronics.
• Electrical and Electronic Measurements.
• Transducers, Mechanical Measurement and Industrial Instrumentation.
• Control Systems and Process Control.
• Signals, Systems, and Communications.
ISRO Exam Syllabus for Mechanical 2020 – ISRO Scientist Engineer Recruitment 2020 syllabus
• Heat Engines.
• The strength of Materials.
• Structural Engineering.
• Fluid Mechanics.
• Automobile Engineering.
• Theory of Machines.
• Manufacturing Technology.
• Industrial Engineering & Management etc.
Automobile Engineering Syllabus
• Automobile Machine Shop
• Automobile Chassis and Transmission
• Auto Repair and Maintenance
• Auto Electrical & Electronics
• Automobile Mechanics
• Automotive Engine Auxiliary Systems
• Automotive Engines
• Automotive Estimation and costing
• Automotive pollution and control
• Hydraulics, pneumatics and power plant
• Modern vehicle technology
• Motor vehicle management
• Special vehicle equipment Strength of Materials
• Vehicle Maintenance
• Foundry, Welding and Sheet Metal
ISRO Syllabus for Computer Science
• Computer Organization and Architecture.
• Operating System.
• Compiler Design.
• Web technologies.
• Information Systems and Software Engineering.
• Computer Networks.
• Theory of Computation.
Top Colleges offering Space Science Courses:
Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are at the top when it comes to offering bachelors' degrees in engineering. Some of the top IITs also offer Masters in Astrophysics. Top institutes that offer courses related to pursuing a career in space science are listed below.
• Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
• Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER-TVM)
• Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Kerala
• Centre for Earth and Space Sciences, (University of Hyderabad)
• Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences, Nainital
• Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore
• Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune
• National Centre for Radio Astronomy, Pune
• Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
• Radio Astronomy Center, Ooty
• Raman Research Institute, Bangalore
Allowances and pay in ISRO are comparatively better than many other Indian Jobs.
Liable to pension after retirement.
Every experiment may not lead to success.