What do you do at the job
In large corporations, product management is a coveted position. Product Manager is responsible for the strategy, marketing, feature definition, forecasting of the product or product line among other things. In simpler terms, the product manager is responsible for understanding customer requirements, envisioning the necessary features, and working with the engineering team to build them. There are a variety of roles ranging from Associate Product Manager to the Chief Product Office.
According to LinkedIn, the average salary of Product Managers in India is Rs. 14, 40,000 LPA. Fresher’s with little or no experience in this domain can earn around Rs. 7-8 LPA, whereas experienced professionals can earn anywhere between Rs. 17 – 26 LPA. The higher range of salaries is mostly offered by companies like Amazon, Flipkart, and Ola, to name a few. Here’s a picture of the average salary range offered by companies in India:
The basic education qualification required for Product Management roles is a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields like Economics/Communications/Marketing/Public Relations/Advertising/Management. Usually, firms require advanced educational degrees for senior-level Product Management job roles.
• Empathy and a keen eye for understanding customer needs
• Collaboration, since the product manager will be working with a variety of divisions
• An eye for aesthetics
• Ability to set deadlines and meet them for prototypes, product manufacture, and delivery
• Excellent oratory and negotiation skills.
Responsibilities of a Product Manager
• To define the product vision, strategy, and roadmap.
• To collect, priorities, and manage market and customer requirements.
• To develop business cases for new products and enhance existing products.
• To collaborate with engineering, sales, marketing, and support teams to ensure that both business and customer goals are fulfilled.